The Overberg & Surrounds
Rouxwil is a luxurious country house at a working wheat and sheep farm in central Overberg.
Situated in the heart of the Overberg, one and a half hour from Cape Town, our central location is perfect for exploring the magnificent Cape Winelands, from Hermanus to Franschoek, from Greyton to Caledon – with vast, rolling hills of wheat fields, orchards and majestic mountains, vineyards and fynbos in between.
Here are some things to do within a one hour radius from Rouxwil:
- 30 minutes from spectacular Whale watching at Hermanus. From June till November Southern Right Whales come right up to the shore to calf in the deep, calm waters of Hermanus.
- 30 minutes from the Franschhoek Winelands. Enjoy their beautiful scenery, wines and have a beautiful picnic on one of the oldest wine farms in the country.
- 20 minutes from the 6 star Arabella Hotel, Golf Course and Spa. Let us book you and be recharged, pampered, relaxed and rejuvenated.
- 15 minutes from the Caledon Health Spa. Relax in the healing waters of the oldest health Spa in South Africa or spoil yourself with a treatment or massage.
- 30 minutes from the picturesque little town of Greyton. Founded in 1846, Greyton is nowadays the home of artists who fight to keep its rural character intact.
- 25 minutes from Genadendal-the oldest German Mission Station in South Africa. [Next to Greyton]
- 1 hour from a White Shark Diving Experience. Exhilarating! Look your deepest fear in the eye and live to tell the story!
- 1 hour from the most Southern Tip of Africa L’ Agulhas. Spread your arms wide and embrace the fresh air as this is as far South as you can get in Africa! On your way visit all the very interesting places like the shipwreck museum, a Candle Making Factory and handmade exquisite pottery.
- 10 minutes from Theewaterskloof Golf Club
Rouxwil welcomes children over the age of 12.